Tactical and Transactional Procurement
We leverage our domain expertise, industry-specific procurement solutions and an interplay of technology, procurement analytics and process excellence to deliver value to clients. Tactical steps such as optimizing payment cycle terms, maintaining accurate spend data, eliminating errors in invoices help optimize the procure-to-pay cycle.
Our solutions for tactical and transactional procurement outsourcing are given below:
- Low-Value Sourcing / Spot Buying – An organization does its best to curtail its tail-end spend and maximize spend under management. However, spot buying invariably creeps into the business due to tactical necessities. In some cases, this maverick spend could run into millions of dollars. If managed well, it can translate into significant savings. We focus on tracking frequently ordered items or used suppliers to identify future opportunities for building relationships and contracts to better manage spend and supplier base reduction. It goes without saying that before spot buying, our outsourcing teams verify if the purchasing need can be filled with existing contracts, catalogs, P-cards.
- Purchase Order Management –
- Reviewing purchase requisition and conversion to purchase order (PO)
- Awarding POs, addressing PO change request and PO confirmation check
- Expediting POs by monitoring rush orders, chasing open orders and communicating with supplier / requestor
- Procurement Service Desk – As part of a closed loop spend management and compliance framework, WNS’ procurement service center is responsible for buy channel selection to review and ensure that all purchase requests are routed through the correct buy channel. This process ensures compliance with the client’s procurement strategy and policies, and minimizes savings leakage. In addition, the service desk also provides support to the client organization’s employees with query resolution for general procurement and policy-related questions.
Catalog Management – We enable clients to reduce maverick spend with a comprehensive catalog management solution, which includes services, viz. catalog creation & indexing, catalog maintenance & testing, item and catalog identification, and more.
Master Data Management –
Data accuracy influences decision-making, which has an indirect impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of any organization. WNS’ Master Data Management (MDM) solution ensures correct and consistent master data. We help organizations to have just one set of error-free master data for supply chain risk management. We support clients to move towards an integrated master data across multiple systems and / or acquired companies through consolidating and de-duplications of the masters.
Performance and Compliance Reporting
Reporting services are embedded in WNS’ procure-to-pay solutions, which enables clients to assess the level of adherence to policies and contracts. This adherence determines the effectiveness of sourcing initiatives and procurement outsourcing policies. We provide clients with MIS for supply chain risk management such as savings reports, current spend vs. historical spend, reporting of realized savings vs. projected savings, vendor compliance, savings compliance, spend compliance, and so on.
Our accounts payable services include:
- Invoice processing and exception management
- Travel and expenses processing
- Payment disbursement
- Month-end closure
- Vendor reconciliation